The Sandalwood Community Food Pantry is again partnering with Palmetto Running Company on our 2nd Annual event, which will benefit our neighbors in need living right here in our Hilton Head Island community.
As we did for our first event, we plan extensive promotion and a great turnout of participants, friends and supporters of our Pantry as well as Island visitors. We will return to historic Mitchelville Freedom Park, also known as the Fish Haul Creek Park, as the location for our 5K/10 K. Race participants had many positive comments on this unique course which combines road, trails and beach.
Our first event was a big success reflected in the highlights below:
• 276 registered participants
• 50 ran the 10K & 226 ran or walked the 5K
• Participants came from Norway, Canada & 18 states incl. CA, CO, TN, IN, NJ, MI, OH
• 52% from Beaufort County — 48% were visitors!
• youngest participant 8 years old to oldest 80 — 60% F / 40% M
• We heard some great feedback including: ‘awesome course’, ‘wonderfully well run event with great volunteer support’ & ‘all for a special cause’.
Last year we raised $11,000 and our goal this year is $20,000+! Your sponsorship will go towards Sandalwood Community Food Pantry’s building fund as we move closer to our vision of having a place we can call our own!
This fund will help to ensure our long-term, continued support for the hundreds of families we serve in our Hilton Head Island Community.
*This institution is an equal opportunity provider.