A Note to Our Sponsors
THANK YOU to everyone for your support and participation in last year’s Run for Hunger, which was a HUGE Success on several levels! We were all part of something special that made a difference for so many people.
Here are a few highlights:
* 276 registered participants (including 40+ from sponsors and your teams, families)
* 50 ran the 10K & 226 ran or walked the 5K
– 27 newly registered participants joined us Saturday a.m. ….including several families visiting HH who told us they’d be checking into their hotel or condo later on Saturday –pretty cool they came early to be a part of our event!
* Participants came from Norway, Canada & 18 states incl. CA, CO, TN, IN, NJ, MI, OH
* 52% from Beaufort County — 48% were visitors!
* Youngest participant 8 years old to oldest 80 — 60% F / 40% M
* We heard some great feedback including: ‘awesome course’, ‘wonderfully well run event with great volunteer support’ , & ‘all for a special cause’.
* Net proceeds: $10K+ which went towards the Sandalwood building fund –resulting in a positive impact on the lives of our neighbors in need!
Our objective is to make our special event bigger & better this year — we have several ideas & thank you for your suggestions!
* Please send us pictures for our website (some of you already have)
* Below are pictures of our Thank You banner, race shirt and 3rd Island Packet ad.
On behalf of the Sandalwood Community Food Pantry, our Board of Directors, Palmetto Running Company, our awesome volunteers and the hundreds of families we support, we want you to know how much we truly appreciate your support.
With sincere gratitude,
President, Board of Directors
Sandalwood Community Food Pantry