The 7th Annual Sandalwood Run for Hunger will be held on Hilton Head Island Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:30 am.
For Details on Packet Pickup CLICK HERE.
The Sandalwood Community Food Pantry is delighted to be partnering with our Title Sponsors, Giuseppi’s Restaurant and the SERG Restaurant Group, as well as the Palmetto Running Company, which will benefit our neighbors in need living in our Hilton Head Island community. Registration is at sandalwoodrunforhunger.com
We will return to the historic Mitchelville Freedom Park as the location for our 5K,10K Run/Walk — this is a diverse course combining roads, trails and beach. Thanks to popular demand, we will again include a Fastest Dog Division.
We hope you will consider being a race sponsor this year and support The Annual Sandalwood Run for Hunger!
With heartfelt thanks,
Rod and Nannette
The Sandalwood Community Food Pantry is again partnering with Palmetto Running Company for our annual event, which will benefit our neighbors in need living right here in our Hilton Head Island community.
As we did for our first event, we expect a great turnout of participants, friends and supporters of our Pantry as well as Island visitors.!
This fund will help to ensure our long-term, continued support for the hundreds of families we serve in our Hilton Head Island Community.
*This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In The Media
Come Join Us!
Come and join us for this wonderful opportunity to participate in a fun event that supports a special cause on Hilton Head!
The Annual Sandalwood Run for Hunger hosted by Sandalwood Community Food Pantry and Palmetto Running Company (PRC). Walkers are welcome!
Course route (5K)
- Start of the race is on Beach City road across from Fish Haul Park south on Beach City Rd. to Fish Hall Road
- Right on Fish Haul
- Continue on Fish Haul road past Mile Marker 1 and as FH turns right towards Mitchelville Road
- Right on Mitchelville road & continue past Baygall road (crossing street) and past the ball fields then make a left onto the running path/trail
- Mile Marker 2 & Water station manned w/several volunteers
- Continue on trail parallel to the soccer fields
- Take a right on the boardwalk to Mitchelville Beach park
- Make a left on the trail head to the beach
- Make a right on the beach & continue for about a 1/4 mile
- Make a right onto the trail through the woods and exit in the parking lot
- Course ends at the finish line in the Fish Haul Park parking lot
***10K runners repeat course***